Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wepons of War


Khopesh, Short sword and Dagger
Ever since the dawn of time, wars have waged across the globe. Some of the most violent wars have happened in Africa and the Middle East. I'm going to tell you about the heroics, the villainy, the- well you get the idea. I'm going to tell you about a civilization lost to the sands of time until now. " Don don don Donn!"
Among the many great empires you may have heard about Egypt probably stands out the most. Now I could spend all day telling you about clothing, pyramids, or food but I thought that you'd be more interested Egyptian warfare. The most common Egyptian weapon was the khopesh ( khopesh ) it had an Arabic style blade then a straight single hand hilt. Infantry men had spears or javelins. Mercenaries had composite or re-curve bows. Also they had a silver shafted ax called a epsilon ax. It had a two handed hilt with a "m" shaped blade on the front, it was probably used for slicing. I think we can all agree that Egyptian weapons could inflict some serious damage or ponage for all you Call of Duty players.

2 comments:

  1. This was very good! I wouldn't have thought that the Egyptians could make some weapons like that. You did a very good job explaing how the weapons were used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good information!!! I loved the part where you said "DON DON DONNN" good voice!!! I can tell that you worked really hard on this paragraph(:

    ReplyDelete